Valentine’s Day is around the corner, and the scramble for gifts ideas seems like a race against time. You could always opt for flowers and chocolates for her like always, but why not go with something more adventurous – even something that won’t wilt after three days. And instead of giving him the regular perfume or wallet, why not opt for something unconventional that really puts him in Valentine’s mood.
Valentine’s Gifts for Her
- Rose-Scented Toiletries: There is more than one way of giving roses to the love of your life, and one of them is giving her rose-scented perfume, hand-wash, lotion, or shower gel or maybe even a gift set with all of these. Luxurious, refreshing and will last far longer than a boring ole bunch of flowers.
- Small Photo Holders: Tiny photo holders are perfect for the lady love who has limited office space. Elegant and stylish, make the gift a little more romantic by including your favorite photos of the two of you for her to display with pride.
- Customized Fountain Pen: If she’s going to send you love notes, then she’ll need a good pen to write them with, and nothing says grace and romance like a classic fountain pen that’s been customized with your initials or a patterns that speak to her style.
- Customized Jewelry: Jewelry is another great gift on Valentine’s Day, and a safe bet that she’ll love it. Want to go a step further and make the gift even sweeter, personalize your gift with a combination of your initials and an important date in your relationship – like your wedding anniversary, the day you met, whatever is sweet and special to the two of you.
- Scented Candles: Another safe bet that she’ll definitely love are scented candles. But instead of cheap tea lights, go for aromatherapy candles that’ll help her relax and unwind and put her in the right mood for you two to enjoy Valentine’s Day together.
Valentine’s Gifts for Him
- Cactus or Succulents: The cactus is by far the manliest of plants and, much like your love, they will live and continue to thrive long after Valentine’s Day (and the roses he got you) is gone. That said, should your man be the clumsy type, a big thorny cactus may not be such a good idea. In that case succulents are another thoroughly masculine plant and what guy wouldn’t love a terrarium?
- Headphones: Headphones and ear buds are the closest thing to earrings most guys will ever wear. They’re the dude equivalent of the statement earring. And if you can get him a pair of wireless headphones, he’ll surely love you all the more for saving him from the hassle of detangling cords.
- Man Crates: For the man who does appreciate a good at-home pampering, man crates with all the essentials are a great alternative to traditional bath-and-body baskets. And, of course, there is always the original dude gift basket: the power tool combo kit. Oh, the power. THE POWER!
- Portable Espresso Maker: Does he need a little extra coaxing to get out of bed in the morning and then a latte with a double shot of espresso to actually stay awake at his desk before 10? Portable Espresso Makers are great accessories for the coffee-lover men in your life, and he’ll love you for all the money this will save him by eliminating his morning coffee runs on his way to work.
- Portable Speaker: Now he can jam out wherever he is—tailgating, camping, or simply lounging in the backyard. Portable speakers these days’ range in size from pocket-sized to half the width of a rolled-up yoga mat, which provides more sound than a standard cell phone.